Compost is a key ingredient to produce higher yields and is absolutely essential as an amendment between succession plantings.
Applying compost to planting beds is also a time-consuming job -- until now.
The BCS Spreader saves time and effort while increasing distribution efficiency. Forget about wheelbarrows, shovels, and rakes! The Spreader lays down a regulated depth of compost with 13 settings ranging from 1/8” to 1”. The width is 30” -- perfect for 30”-wide growing beds. And the distance between the spreader’s wheels is 36”, so it can effectively straddle 30'' raised beds up to 6 inches tall. From our testing, a full load spreading at 3/8" will easily cover 100 linear feet.
Mechanically, the all-terrain lug tires drive a full-width, heavy-duty rubber conveyor belt, allowing the compost to evenly discharge from the front of the spreader. Once the end gate sets the spread depth, the unit continues spreading to the desired depth regardless of tractor speed. Activating a lever on the operator's side of the unit stops the belt at the end of the row, avoiding spillage while turning around or transporting.
The Spreader can handle can handle a wide variety of materials, including:
- Calcined Clay
- Fine cut wood chips
- Infield clay for baseball fields
- Topdressing blends
Made in the USA, the BCS Spreader is manufactured by a firm specializing in spreaders -- Earth and Turf of New Holland, PA.
- 6.5 cubic foot capacity.
- Spreads compost, fertilizer, sand, and more.
- Stainless steel box for longer life.
- Spread width is 30''.
- Spreader can straddle 30'' rows -- about 36'' in between wheels.
- Outside dimension is 45''.
- Lug tires allow drive system to function on walking rows or turf.
- Requires Curved Coupler (version depends on tractor model).
- Fits models 732 and up (5x10 wheels required).
- Price does not include freight.
Required Accessory: Curved Coupler. Small version (92259500) for 739 and below, Large version (92247720) for 749 and up.
Fits models 732 and up. A minimum of 5x10 wheels are recommended.