Model 660's most exciting feature is its hydrostatic transmission, which enables the operator to select the exact ground speed and direction of travel without the need to shift or vary the throttle setting. The tractor transmission features the strength and reliability of cylindrical gears in oil bath with helically-cut teeth driving the gearbox's main shaft to the hydrostatic pump. Model 660 is the only hydrostatic walk-behind machine in the world to be equipped with the patented and highly durable PowerSafe clutch.
The comfortable "EasyGrip" lever on the right handlebar precisely dictates the machine's ground speed, which is especially convenient for applications that require frequent changes of direction. A hi and low range speed selector rod provides two different maximum and minimum speeds. The high range is for mowing light material quickly, while the low range is intended for heavy, more arduous cutting applications.
The machine also features an "auto hold" braking ability which locks the machine in position, even when the engine is off. A manual release mechanism protected by a safety lock gives the operator the ability to "free wheel" the machine in neutral when necessary.
Model 660 has several wheel options to accommodate the large range of applications that the machine is suited for. Please see the photo above for a list of all wheel widths with varying wheel sizes.
- Designed for front-mount applications only--no gardening implements can be operated with 660.
- Hydrostatic drive.
- Hydraulically controlled steering for easy maneuverability.
- Axle width of 24'' (not including wheels)
- Hi - low range selector provides two different top speeds.
- Machine speed is controlled by EasyGrip lever on right handlebar.
- Automatic parking brake with manual release mechanism.
- PowerSafe clutch technology