- 28 reversible hardened steel flails for shredding.
- 37-lb flywheel provides extra momentum to power tough limbs through blade.
- Single removable blade mounted to flywheel for chipping.
- Chips limbs up to 3'' in diameter.
- Adjustable legs for more support in operation.
- Includes 1 3/8" screen and set of rods-and-rollers.
- Rods-and-rollers allow for shredding heavy, wet material without clogging.
- 3 ¾'' x 4 ¾'' size opening at blade; 9 ¾'' x 9 ¾'' at opening of chipping chute.
- Additional screen sizes available, including discharge holes of 15mm, 20mm, 25mm, 30mm, and 50mm.
- Create mulch for around gardens, flower beds, etc.
- Clean up yard debris.
- Shred garden debris for compost.
- Shred newspaper for horse bedding.
The BCS Chipper/Shredder, also called the B-100, is as heavy-duty as it is useful. Attaching effortlessly to BCS Model 722 and up (and Model 620), the Chipper/Shredder is easily transportable and accomplishes a variety of useful tasks.
A high carbon steel chipping blade mounted to a heavy, ½'' thick flywheel is combined with 28 swinging steel flails for multi-purpose action. The rotor is much heavier than competitive chipper/shredder brands, and that extra weight creates more inertial momentum which translates into superior performance.
The Chipper can easily take limbs up to 3'' in diameter. The discharge chute is equipped with a rod and lynch pin for quick removal of the discharge screen. It comes equipped with a 1 3/8" (35mm) discharge screen, as well as a set of rods-and-rollers. The screen can be replaced with the rods-and-rollers when processing wet material to reduce the liklihood of clogs. Five other discharge screen sizes (15, 20, 25, 30, and 50mm) are also available and sold separately. Two adjustable caster wheels allow for easy transportation, and a pair of adjustable legs can be implemented for increased stability during operation.