Fitted to the 26" or 30'' BCS Rear-Tine Tiller, the PDR consists of a full-length roller that enables the operator to precisely set the depth of penetration of the tines.
- Particularly useful as a final bed preparation tool, the tines can be set at a shallow depth of 0.5 - 2 inches to mix in soil amendments and loosen the soil for the quick growth of young roots. The roller also gently compacts the top layer for improved performance of mechanical seeders and seed germination.
- As a cultivator, the ability to maintain a shallow depth eliminates emerging weeds and creates a dirt mulch, without bringing dormant weed seeds to the surface.
- To efficiently power compost cover crops and plant residues, and to break new ground, the roller can be instantly raised to its highest setting; thereby allowing the tines to till to a deeper depth.
- Perfect for quickly and evenly burying cover crop seeds.
In addition to the full-length roller, the PDR features an easy-to-use, quick change depth control lever that instantly changes the setting of the tines from a minimum depth of 0.5" to a maximum of 7". The 17 depth settings of the control lever are in 0.5" increments and include a transport setting for easy travel to and from the garden beds.
- Full-width roller maintains precise tine depth in 0.5" increments.
- Roller gently compacts the soil surface to create a ready-to-plant seedbed.
- Preserves soil structure and prevents hard pan.
- Deepest setting with roller will achieve max tine depth of 7'' (no reason to remove PDR).
- Shallowest setting raises tines off the ground with roller acting as transport wheel.
- 38 pounds without the tiller (30" version).
- 3/16'' steel with lightening holes to reduce weight.